The Reward: Tales of Alethrion - "The First Hero" The Reward: Tales of Alethrion - "The First Hero"

This is freaking incredible. Everything about this. Fuck, definitely 5 stars

Do You Bleed? Do You Bleed?

Hahaha this is my kind of flash. I LOVE IT

MCI - TK vs Dirty Smurf MCI - TK vs Dirty Smurf

"If Eminem was a planet, you'd live on it"
"If Eminem was a bed, you'd be a bed bug"
- Dirty Smurf, 2013. Lyrical genius.

Intruder CT 2X Intruder CT 2X

This is great. I really loved the first game, and this is even better. The unlock system seemed a little cheesy at first, but it's really cool - Gives you a lot of motivation to get those headshots and complete the missions. Loved all the guns you get access too now, and I loved the little bits of detail you added into the levels. Badass.

mmankt responds:

thx:) cheers

360 Smash 360 Smash

This is really sweet, but why not make it so you score points depending on how fast everyone can get the ball (cumulatively, till the last person's left) and then have an online high score board of who got the ball going fastest?

This could give people some motivation
a) to play beyond the level where it initially becomes dull and
b) to get friends round to play with them (bots can't go very fast, and two people competing might do better than one soloing)

Good game :)

The Blind Swordsman The Blind Swordsman

THIS IS NOT AN APRIL FOOLS

At first, yeah, it's difficult. Insanely difficult. But, once you've died enough times you'll learn through trial and error exactly when someone's going to attack, and thus when to block. After that it's just about waiting the right amount of time after the block to counter attack. The swordsmen are medium speed, so once you get that rhythm right, it's just a little longer wait for the people with maces and a little shorter for the people with knives. The wolves are pretty much the same speed as swordsmen, but they can be pre-empted if you hit them mid way through their pre-attack growl.

Not yet on the horseman level, right now just struggling with the small army of mixed enemies. Holy fuck this is hard.

Don't be afraid to die a lot. You'll hone your skills way better than you thought you could. This is a ridiculously rewarding game.

The Deep End The Deep End

Oh shit man. I was already kind depressed and now I gotta relisten and digest this tune. This is inhumane. Why didn't I link you any happy/ braggadocious beats? Fuck's sake. Still love it, just stop putting me in touch with the thousand shocks flesh is heir to.

So shit to improve - vocal mixing, the low mids on this dominate way too much imho. also I think the hooks could be more hook-y with more repetition of the first hook etc. But first + would have to be that I fooking love the way you played with the flow to make some rap-alongable island in the sea of flowzzz. Also maybe last hook could be recorded tighter with itself? Although I like the loose spoken style rhythms, so that's a tricky one to balance I suppose

Things I love
- Switched up flows, keeping it fresh and locomotive
- Dope mixing of common cliched imagery to create realistic relatable settings.
- Mixing of the super real with the jokey to let you look at real depressing shit with perspective
- Pressing super real details with the jokes to keep shit 300
- The way you melodically & rhythmically play with both hooks to keep them sounding related.

Obvs this is all on top of dope word play, flows, tone etc. All goes w/out saying.

Teqneek responds:

Haha thanks for the review Ax, glad I could somewhat do your beat justice. Although, for me (and I know it may not be the majority, but others feel me on this too), sad music has a reverse effect. It somehow makes me happier. When I'm at my lowest I usually go for September Sun (by Type O Negative), or The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot (by Brand New).

Dark Days Dark Days

Aiteeeee there's a lot of things I love. Basically all I want on top is some extra mastering and mixing and shit basically because the sonics sound kinda blocky with the compression of the vox on top of the beat which is limited all in a block. But money and shit, and mics and shit. Also having a hook would make this more catchy and relistenable because easy digestible structure, but the beat really doesn't allow for that, so that one's on me.

Shit I love:

- Intro cueing in the first line building anticipation
- A million and one different flows weaved inbetween lyrics that fuck with the blocky 4/4 beat
- Alternating vocal tone with the chorus and the verse keeping it fresh but related
- Melodic tone keeping it interesting in the verse
- Those "swoosh" sounds in the 2nd 16
- Consistently relatable depressive truth bombs

Fuck you for making me wanna kill myself. But that's also a sign that this song's fucking dope? So basically I like I guess even though it hurts me so :'(

Teqneek responds:

First of all lol there IS a hook my bruhbruh.

I'm not the best at mastering my shit. Really. And I spend HOURS on it lol. But I spend months writing a song sometimes. Sometimes years for real. I need to dedicate a little of that time into learning to properly master I guess. Although for real I kinda thought I did learn enough to not sound amateurish, at least in my ears. Some of the things people ding me on are actually intentional, haha so idk. I put time into mastering, yet all I seem to ever hear about is how this and that needs to be fixed.

I do appreciate the input btw, but after a while I guess it kinda gets me down because idk what else to really do and I don't really WANT to learn it to be honest. I respect the shit out of it though- trust me. I'm just not neurally built for audio engineering. I'm a writer. And a lover of women. And protector of the land.

Lol also I'm copypasting what I said in response to your comment on my other recent depressing track The Depp End. (*haha not even correcting that spelling error for it opens up a whole world of ideas).

"...glad I could somewhat do your beat justice. Although, for me (and I know it may not be the majority, but others feel me on this too), sad music has a reverse effect. It somehow makes me happier. When I'm at my lowest I usually go for September Sun (by Type O Negative), or The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot (by Brand New).

Anyway, I hope certain people can listen to this song and feel "better" knowing there are others going through something similar to what they are. Thanks again homie, yer my guy..."

Lemme Gitchu Back Lemme Gitchu Back

best track I've ever produced

love reacts only

Space Viking Space Viking

Crazy sick but I imagine the shoulders squarer an shiiiit

NogginmenAnimations responds:

I'm with you. I was going to do giant space marine type shoulders but I was just doodling about so I couldn't be arsed to correct it. Cheers homeslice!

Screws Loose Screws Loose

Freaking awesome man, but we already saw that much coming. Is this like a really hi-fidelity scanner or did you this with a graphics tablet and stuff?

NogginmenAnimations responds:

Lol, regular scanner, just large drawing. Contrast controls mah niqua.

HDC - Blowin' Minds HDC - Blowin' Minds